Benefice of Eynsford with

Farningham & Lullingstone

Family history

Parish Registers - Baptism, Marriages and Burials

The 3 churches have kept parish records dating back to 1538 for Baptism, Marriages and Burials. These are often useful for Genealogists researching family history. The originals of completed registers are held in the County Archive in Maidstone, where they can be seen by arrangement.

We are also transcribing them for the FreeREG web site, which provides free online search facilities to these records. Go to

The transcription of those for Eynsford are complete, but only the earlier years are as yet available for Farningham and Lullingstone. This is an ongoing project, and the FreeREG website has features which show the years for which records are available.

Churchyard Records - graves

In addition for St. Martin’s Eynsford we have a record of all known graves in the churchyard.  To make enquiries about these please email the Parish Office with the name(s) and approximate dates and we will let you know within a few days.

There have been nearly 6000 recorded burials in the churchyard since 1538, but we only know the location of some 660 graves. We only know the location of graves where a headstone or other monument was put in place, or are marked on incomplete plans. The earliest headstone is dated 1700.

Powered by Church Edit