St Martin of Tours, Eynsford – PCC news.
Summary of Meeting of PCC St Martin’s 5th September 2016
· Practical suggestions being implemented to increase the use and hire of the church building, including upper rooms and Olive Seal Hall. WiFi installation planned. Alcohol licence planned. Volunteer needed to guide on marketing strategy. Volunteers needed to supplement work of cleaner – aim to pay for increased hours cleaner/caretaker as bookings increase and finances allow.
· Finances – no more extra to what is pledged 2016 for Diocese of Rochester; aim to give more for 2017, as a Benefice.
· Mission giving – Supporting “Sevenoaks Christian Counselling” (local); Christchurch, Hackney; Christian Aid (national); “Open Door”, “Embrace”, Sierra Leone church link (international)
· Task group for churchyard.
· PCC agreed to apply for a Commonwealth War Graves Commission entrance sign.
· Next meeting will be 7th November 2016
Marion Bond PCC Secretary